PC Security Labs, a new but well established antivirus testing agency, published the July 2009 test.
- 23 well known antivirus products in test.
- 3132 Malware samples to be scanned.
Malware Research Group did the first realtime protection test, executing 22 wide spread malware samples to see which security solutions are able to block them effectively (which is the most imporant fact on any antivirus program actually).
These were the candidates:
- Avira AntiVir Premium Version: 126.96.36.1991
- a-squared Anti-Malware Version: 188.8.131.52
- avast! Professiona Edition Version: 4.8.1335
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 Version: 184.108.40.2063
- G Data AntiVirus 2010 Version: 220.127.116.11
- COMODO Internet Security Version: 3.10.102363.531
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus System Version: 4.0.437
- Norton AntiVirus 2009 Version: 18.104.22.168
- AVG Anti-Virus Professional Edition: 8.5.406/1617
- Dr.Web anti-virus Version: 5.00.1.08030
Only 2 of 10 candidates passed the test:
a-squared Anti-Malware and Avira AntiVir!
Please check out the MRG website for more details: http://malwareresearchgroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=47
On request of Emsi Software, they have tested Mamutu 2.0 using the same samples. The result is stunning:
Even without any Malware signatures, Mamutu 2.0 blocked all samples too!